A twill weave cotton cloth woven in coloured stripes or solid colour. This is probably the bed tick of today. Also called " inlet." Woven in 2 X 2 twill weave.

Dictionary of the English textile terms. 2014.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Inlet — A coarse and very strong cotton fabric for use as bedding in place of linen in Germany and Austria. Either bleached or dyed (see Bedstout) …   Dictionary of the English textile terms

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.